24 favorite local businesses
December 15, 2007 at 6:14 pm Jon Swerens
I don’t know who Samantha Goldsberry is, but I do know she’s a Fort Wayne blogger with excellent taste.
Back in November, she listed her 24 favorite local businesses. I’m happy to say I’ve been to some of her favorites, but I still need to visit some more in order to become an official gold-star Fort Wayne resident. (I moved here in 1998, btw.)
Here are the places she listed that I’ve visited:
- Atz’s Ice Cream Shoppe: The servings are ginormous
- Coney Island: The ambiance is perfectly ’50s.
- Cebolla’s Mexican Grille: Great place to take family.
- Firefly Cafe: Great place to take wife.
- Munchie’s Emporium: I can’t resist the unwraps.
- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo: What family doesn’t have a zoo pass?
- Azar’s Big Boy: Oh boy the fish and chips.
Notice how many of them are restaurants!
I am embarrassed to say I haven’t been to the following, although they’re so close to where I live:
- Powers Hamburgers
- Cindy’s Diner
- The Thirsty Camel
- Three Rivers Co-op
But here are some additional places that I think say “Fort Wayne” that I have visited and that she didn’t list:
- Bell’s Roller Rink
- Paula’s on Main
- Redwood Inn
- Castle Gallery
What do you think? I didn’t grow up here, so tell me: What locally owned places can you name that exemplify Fort Wayne culture?
— Jon Swerens · photo by Everett White on Flickr
Entry filed under: Fort Wayne links, Jon Swerens. Tags: Fort Wayne, restaurants, third place.